Student Newswire of The University of Arizona School of Journalism

Arizona Sonoran News

Arizona Sonoran News

Arizona Sonoran News

Looking for a place to stay for graduation?

With graduation just weeks away, most UA area hotels like Tucson Marriott University Park, Graduate Tucson, and Aloft Tucson University are completely booked. 

If you’re one of those people who has waited until the last minute to make arrangements, may we offer a few alternatives at Tucson’s unique boutique hotels. 

• The 112-room Tuxon hotel is close to selling out at 95% already booked. Tuxon Hotel at 960 S Freeway, has some availability from May 1-8 including special group rates. Accommodations include live music from 6-9 p.m. Fridays, free use of bicycles so that guests can explore the downtown area. 
Mary Leopoldo
Hotel McCoy has a handful of vacancies for graduation weekend.
  • Hotel McCoy at 720 W.Road has vacancies during the week of graduation with prices varying between $90-$270. Amenities include heated saltwater pools, local beer and wine bars, art galleries and in-room art. They also provide free wifi and complimentary continental breakfast that includes oatmeal bars, poptarts and fruit. The hotel has free bike rentals, pinball and ping pong and an outdoor theater.

• Downtown Clifton, 485 S Stone Ave,  is about a 10-minute drive from the university. On May 10 the hotel is completely booked for those who want to attend the larger graduation ceremony, but they do have a couple vacancies May 9 at $149 a room; and  plenty of rooms May 11 for $159. . The 22- room hotel, built in 1948, offers free coffee for their guests and is home to the popular Red Light Lounge, whose motto is “Where saints and sinners meet for dinner.” The Red Light offers a dinner menu alongside a menu of inventive craft cocktails. 

Arizona Sonoran News is a news service of the University of Arizona School of Journalism. 

Donate to Arizona Sonoran News
$50
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of University of Arizona School of Journalism. Your contribution will allow us to cover the annual costs of hosting this free news website.